These General Conditions of Use describe the terms and conditions under which Building Angels offers to assist with building works (the "Service"). The Service is available at no cost to eligible persons who have registered at www.buildingangels.org.au
By registering for the Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree to these terms.
These terms replace any previous version provided.
In completing an Eligibility Application Form, you declare that:
1. the information provided in your application is true and not misleading
2. that you do not have the financial capacity to undertake the services you are requested from Building Angels and you agree to providing additional information to confirm this.
3. that you have no other means in which to undertake the services requested.
4. you have provided details of all government and non-government assistance you have received in the past 12 months.
5. you agree to a police check if it is deemed necessary
6. Building Angels will collect and hold private information about you. It will be used only for the express purpose of verifying your identity and eligibility for the services we provide.
7. We may require additional information from you to process your application and you are obligated to provide this information to assist Building Angels in determining your eligibility.
8. Your application details may be provided to the board of directors and staff of Building Angels and will be kept confidential.
9. You will be notified when your application has been received and thereafter when your case has been determined.
10. Upon approval of your application we will aim to give you an estimated time as to how long it will take for us to arrange to deliver our services. This will vary depending on the scope of works and whether trade services and suppliers are in kind or directly purchased by Building Angels for the delivery of the services provided to the eligible applicant.
1. Once you agree to receive the services of Building Angels, before commencement you will be asked to sign acceptance of the Scope of Works as directed by Building Angels.
2. Once the Scope of Works has been accepted this information will be communicated to suppliers and trades enlisted to do the works.
3. Building Angels only uses licenced contractors that have their own insurances.
4. Variations to the scope of works will only be accepted in writing and approval will be dependent on the additional cost and time involved in undertaking these additional works.
5. A schedule of finishes may be provided as an addendum to the scope of works or this may be formulated with your assistance depending on the circumstances. Building Angels will take all responsible care to match to the equivalent quality, colour and sizes of any pre-existing finishes but will not be held responsible for any finishes to match to perfection any pre-existing finishes as age, discontinuance of product may come into account.
Service – building works services as provided by Building Angels
Scope of Works – is the term used to describe the service or works that Building Angel is to undertake for the applicant
Schedule of Finishes –a list of finish types that may or may not include, colours, sizes, brands.
Variation - is an alteration to the scope of works in the Building Works/Construction agreement in the form of an addition, substitution or omission from the original scope of works.
The Terms and Conditions was last reviewed: 5th December 2019
Please contact us to discuss how Building Angels can assist you, someone you know or collaborate with your foundation.